[EXIM] Throttling outbound traffic.

Author: Sherwood Botsford
To: Exim List
Subject: [EXIM] Throttling outbound traffic.

Ok, it hasn't happened yet, but I expect it to. What
with grad students with computers, 300 users, *someone*
here is going to try to spam the world. And I'll end up
with bits of immature chicken embryoes on my phiz.

Is there an easy way to throttle the amount of mail
sent from a personal account. I'd like a means to limit
users to N messages per day, with a certain amount of carry
over. (E.g If they were allowed N, and any unused quota
was taxed by T% and carried over. This would mean that
if they did no email, they could send N/T messages without
getting stopped. (E.g. if N were 30 and T were 20% then
max would increase until 20% of N was 30.

It would also have to ahve some means of bypassing
certain users e.g. list servers.

This would make exim very popular with ISP's

Sherwood Botsford     | email avatar@???
Sorcerers Apprentice    | Office CAB 642B
System Administrator    | Tel: 403 492 5728
Trouble shooter            | Fax: 403 492 6826