Re: [EXIM] re-routing mail based on first character of local…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: F. Jacot Guillarmod
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] re-routing mail based on first character of local part?
On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, F. Jacot Guillarmod wrote:

> We're trying to standardise on the format of local email addresses for
> students, and have decided on the format "studentno@???".

Aarrgghh!! Don't you know that vast amounts of spam has digit-only local
parts, and many sites are not blocking such mail?

> Fortunately, the student number is prefixed by a unique character

Phew!

> according to which campus they are registered on, so I thought the
> following two directors would handle things:
>
> ====================
> [...]
>
> east-london:
>    driver = smartuser
>    domain = "campus.ru.ac.za"
>    prefix = "e9:e0"
>    new_address = ${local_part}@???

> grahamstown:
>    driver = smartuser
>    domain = "campus.ru.ac.za"
>    prefix = "g7:g8:g9:g0"
>    new_address = ${local_part}@???

> [...]
> ====================
>
> My problem is that it's not clear from the documentation what the effect
> of "prefix" is. Is that character string, if it exists, stripped from
> the local_part as used in new_address? If so, is there an obvious method
> of re-routing according to a component of local_part?

Yes, it is stripped, but it is available in $local_part_prefix. So what
you need is

new_address = ${local_part_prefix}${local_part}@....

An alternative, or course, is not to use prefix, but instead use

local_parts = ^e[09] and

local_parts = ^g[7890]

respectively.