Re: [EXIM] Exim shuts up on ^C!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dom Mitchell
A: Alan Barrett
Cc: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim shuts up on ^C!
On 30 January 1998, Alan Barrett proclaimed:
> > Exim, OTOH, *is* supposed to be 8-bit clean. That is weird. If you type
> > in more data after the ^C it correctly appears in the received message,
> > but the ^C gets turned into ff f4 ff fd 06 on this Solaris box.
>
> Is there a telnet client between you and exim? The "ff f4"
> corresponds to telnet's <IAC> <IP> (where "IP" stands for "Interrupt
> Process", and IAC is an escape that means the next byte is special).
> The "ff fd 06" corresponds to <IAC> <DO> <Timing Mark>.

Yes, that is definitely the case. I (not so cleverly as it turns out)
thought that it wouldn't interfere, as I wasn't telnetting to port 23.
Silly me. However, it does still raise the 8 bittyness question.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Demon Internet Ltd.
hdm@??? -- Systems Administrator, Mail and News Team.