Re: [EXIM] Exim shuts up on ^C!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dom Mitchell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim shuts up on ^C!
On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Dom Mitchell wrote:

> It would appear that exim stops echoing things back on receipt of a ^C
> in the "DATA" block (exim 1.82):
>
> mail from:<hdm@???>
> 250 <hdm@???> is syntactically correct
> rcpt to:<hdm@???>
> 250 <hdm@???> is syntactically correct
> ^C
> .
> quit
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> I know smtp isn't meant to be 8-bit clean, but this still kinda looks
> like a bug. :-)

Exim, OTOH, *is* supposed to be 8-bit clean. That is weird. If you type
in more data after the ^C it correctly appears in the received message,
but the ^C gets turned into ff f4 ff fd 06 on this Solaris box.

I will investigate and see if there are any bugs of commission or
omission. Thanks for the report.