Re: [EXIM] pipe transport / logging / question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Moritz Both
A: ph10
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: [EXIM] 1.82 sender rejections
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] pipe transport / logging / question

Since exim sees all pipe and appendfile transported mail as "deliverd
locally", it doesn't check the number of "Received:" header lines before
delivering. So, if a router calls a pipe transport which delivers to a
remote host, mail can loop (as I see just happens here - the host at the
other side is much too stupid to even thinking of looking at the Received:
lines).

Also, the patch for the logging helps as far as the router is now shown, but
still the log entries show a local part after the '=>' only and the original
envelope address in angle brackets. The address where this copy of the mail
goes (after expansion of alias files etc.) is not shown. Thus, the eximstats
output will be wrong.

If the latter is a but too complicated to resolve, nevermind, its just for
the record. The problem in the first paragraph is more serious for us... any
idea how I can bring exim to check the Received: header lines? It would be
okay to do that for =every= local delivery. I already looked into deliver.c
- it seems the check for the number of Received: header lines is done
=after= the (so-called) local deliveries, so it looks as if I might mess
things up rather than correct anything...

Philip, thanks for Exim, by the way!

Moritz