Re: [EXIM] Trouble with "From ..."

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dom Mitchell
A: Joerg Plate
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Trouble with "From ..."
On 29 January 1998, Joerg Plate proclaimed:
> --cut-here--
> helo psyche
> mail from: plate@psyche
> rcpt to: plate@psyche
> data
> =46rom foobar 08:15 4711
> Subject: ...
> From: ...
>
> for bar baz :-)
> .
> quit
> --cut-here--
>
> "Fetchmail" feeds something like that to exim via port 25.
>
> > Actually, I don't believe what you say about it working if you remove =
>
> > the first line.
> I should have said "the first line of the data".
>
> BTW: my problem is solved. Now I use
>     mda "/usr/sbin/exim -bm %T"
> in my "~/.fetchmailrc" and it is working :-)

That's quite ugly as the author of fetchmail agrees. It really should
be stripping out the "From " before sending to the SMTP port. In fact,
I'm surprised that it doesn't. If after scouring the docs, you can't
find a way to turn it off, I'd drop a note to the fetchmail list about
it (fetchmail-friends@???).
--
Dom Mitchell -- Demon Internet Ltd.
hdm@??? -- Systems Administrator, Mail and News Team.