Re: [EXIM] Using 'mail' from the system message filter

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Ephraim Silverberg
CC: Exim Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Using 'mail' from the system message filter
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Ephraim Silverberg wrote:

> Hello. I'm using Exim 1.82.
>
> When I try to do a 'mail' from the system filter (e.g. in response to
> rejected incoming spam), I get:
>
>     LOG: 1 MAIN
>       original recipients ignored (message_filter)
>     LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
>       The address_reply transport has not set a uid for local delivery of
>     >some.spam.address

> This, despite the fact that I have in the configuration file:
>
>     message_filter_user = exim
>     message_filter_group = exim

> If I try to add "user = exim" to the address_reply transport, then all
> the user filter files try to use this as well and start failing (namely,
> "vacation" that needs to update the 'once' database in their home directories).
>
> Any ideas how I can get around this problem?

You need to have two transports, one for the global filter and another
for everybody else.

Oh, rats. There isn't a way to specify the transport for the global
filter. It just uses the default.

However, there is a way to specify the transport for ordinary mortals.
Create a new transport without the user= and stick

reply_transport = users_address_reply

in the configuration for the forwardfile director. Then user filter
files should use that one.