Re: [EXIM] Wanted: external filtering?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sherwood Botsford
To: Dom Mitchell
CC: Lee McLoughlin, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Wanted: external filtering?
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Dom Mitchell wrote:

= On 28 January 1998, Lee McLoughlin proclaimed:
= > I've read throught filter.txt and haven't found a way to do this.
= >
= > What I'd like to do is run an external filter program from my .forward
= > over incoming email to decide if its spam and use the exit code (or
= > output?) in a conditional. This is to decide wether to junk the message
= > or use the remaining rules in my .forward.
=
= I seem to recall that this sort of thing isn't possible with the present
= filter system, as all the output of the filter is, is a list of
= addresses (including files and pipes) to direct, rather than actually
= executing the pipe /during/ the filter processing. If you needed this,
= you'd probably have to set a global procmail somehow (not sure precisely
= how though).
= --

Procmail by default executes /etc/procmailrc before executing users
procmail files. So if you use procmail as your local filter,
you should be able to set up a single file for system wide filtering.

(I like procmail because it's so paranoid about file locks. I can have
two mail servers, one making delivery to nfs mounted spools, with
reasonable confidence they won't clobber the users mail. If only elm
were so considerate.)

Sherwood Botsford     | email avatar@???
Sorcerers Apprentice    | Office CAB 642B
System Administrator    | Tel: 403 492 5728
Trouble shooter            | Fax: 403 492 6826