Re: [EXIM] Refuse mail for valid user.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: Sherwood Botsford
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Refuse mail for valid user.
Sherwood Botsford writes:

> I keep users names in the password file indefinately, as often
> their files are needed long after they are gone. In most cases
> the account is disabled.
>
> Reading through the 9,461 configurable options for exim, I can't
> find any way to tell it "refuse any mail to juser"

It depends how you "disable" the account. One of the things we do
is to replace the home directory field in the password file by
"/home/CANCELLED". [This allows the files themselves to continue
existing elsewhere; meanwhile /home/CANCELLED has the right sort
of properties like absence of a .rhosts file!] Then we bounce mail
for such users by having a director definition

cancelled_users:
driver = localuser,
transport = cancelleduser_pipe,
fail_verify;
directory = /home/CANCELLED

and a corresponding transport:

cancelleduser_pipe:
driver = pipe;
command = "/opt/exim/util/cancelleduser.sh",
ignore_status,
return_output,
user = nobody

that generates a suitable bounce message.

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.