Re: [EXIM] Directors/routers and headers...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Alistair Young
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Directors/routers and headers...
On 28 Jan 1998, Alistair Young wrote:

> Would it be possible to enable the
> add_headers (and remove_headers, I suppose) generic option for
> transports to also work for directors and routers,

This has been on the Wish List for some time. However, when I last
thought about it, I got stuck because of the problem of multiple
addresses being sent in a single delivery, some wanting added headers
and some not. Hmm. As I think about it now, it doesn't seem too
difficult just to refrain from batching addresses if they have address-
specific added headers. OTOH, perhaps one wants to be really clever, and
if a message has 100 recipients all on the same remote machine, and they
*all* came through the same mailing list, which requested adding the
same header to all of them, you still want to send just one copy.

I'll try to think about it again.