[EXIM] $1 $2 expansions in filters

Author: Nick Waterman
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] $1 $2 expansions in filters

Testing a filter file...

# Exim Filter file - see documentation.

if ($local_part_suffix matches "^-test-(.*)-(.*)" ) then
save "$home/tmp/test-1$1-2$2"
pipe "$home/tmp/foo 1$1 2$2"
else
[etc etc]

now if I mail nick-test-foo-bar-baz, I find that...

$home/nick/tmp/test-1foo-bar-2baz is created as expected

$home/tmp/foo is run, but with arguments "1" and "2". The $1 and $2
expansion variables have vanished.

Is this a deliberate security thing to stop me accidentally running
strange commands I wasn't expecting to run, or is it one of those
unintentional "features" ? :-)

--
Nick Waterman.  Network Consultant / Sysadmin - LEOnet
Beating tomorrow's technology into submission.