Re: [EXIM] Building exim -- precompiled distribution?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David Osborne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Building exim -- precompiled distribution?
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, David Osborne wrote:

> Also, has anyone had problems building exim 1.82 on an SGI running IRIX 6.2?
> I successfully installed 1.73 on some SGI O2s and an Origin 2000 running IRIX
> 6.4, but an Onyx running 6.2 has problems building eximon using the native cc:

> ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved data symbol "header_names_normal" -- 1st referenced
> by spool_in.o.

This occurred while linking the Exim monitor. It uses a module from the
main Exim (spool_in) to read spool files; this module happens to contain
a reference to header_names_normal, which is an array of header name
structures, though in Eximon this array is never used.

For this reason, there is just a dummy definition in the Eximon globals
file (exim_monitor/em_globals.c):

header_name header_names_normal[];

that is, an empty vector. It looks as though the IRIX compiler is being
ultra-clever and optimizing this away, or something. Try changing it to

header_name header_names_normal[] = { "dummy", 5 };

and see if that helps. If it does, please let me know so I can include
that fudge in the source.