[EXIM] rewriting user addresses

Author: Christopher Petro
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] rewriting user addresses

This is something that was covered rather briefly in the manual but didn't
have any examples that did what I wanted to do. I have a box that
receives mail for multiple domains. When a user sends mail out, it needs
to have the correct from address. unfortunately, the mail client does not
provide an option for specifying this :(

So I want to do something like this:
     lsearch;/usr/exim/users.nyuhs@* $1@???
so that users are looked up in a series of files until they are found, and
then their addresses are rewritten appropriately.  The above example did
not work, though.  Am I doing something wrong?  the exmples all involved
doing searches on domains, not userids, so I'm not sure if this is even
supported...

---
Christopher Petro, Systems and Network Adminstrator
The Health Information Network Connection
petro@??? / 212-626-8237 / 212-626-8224 fax