[EXIM] Question: sender_device_accept?

Author: Galen Hazelwood
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Question: sender_device_accept?
Greetings, all.

Consider the following situation: I have a linux box, running exim,
which is doing IP Masquerading and providing internet connectivity for a
LAN. I want to configure it so that SMTP connections coming in from
eth0 will be accepted, and all others (except perhaps for an ISP mailer
for ETRN support) rejected. I could set up a firewall rule to do this,
but for complex reasons (involving problems letting that one ETRN host
through) I don't want to do it.

What I really need is something like "sender_device_accept = eth0",
since with masquerading on, there isn't any reliable way to determine
where any given IP address actually is. I'm pretty sure this isn't
possible, and I'm going to have to go back to working on that !*#@!#&
firewall, but I'm asking in the vague hope that somebody else has
already found some kind of workaround.

Thanks in advance,
Galen Hazelwood