Re: [EXIM] HELO: syntactically invalid argument

Author: Daniel Ryde
To: Adrian Bool
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] HELO: syntactically invalid argument
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Adrian Bool wrote:

> On Thu 22 Jan, Daniel Ryde wrote:
> > We are getting numerious rejects due to invalid characters in the HELO
> > argument:
> > 1998-01-22 08:17:24 rejected HELO: syntactically invalid argument(s): ma_pc.domain.se
> >
> > Unfortunaley Microsoft Mail for Windown 3.1x atomatically puts an
> > underscore (_) in the host field (surprise? Nahhh. Is there any
> > setting where you can change this? Nope!).
> > So, is it possible to enable this character in the HELO argument?
>
> Change the name of the PC to ma-pc. IN the network settings stuff somewhere?

Haha...Aaargnnh... Nope, there is no setting for this in win3.x blahh
dialup shit, I'm sure of it. It is in an obscure .ini file somewhere.
Wee... tell that to the average Windows user :)

> Spaces are evil. ;-)

Yes, I've seen them too. Heil Microsoft... Ops, sorry, my fault, I
will never take that word in my mouth again.

Best Regards

Daniel Ryde, System Administrator
Tripnet AB                Visit Address:      Telephone:  +46 31 7252500
Box 5071                  Avagen 42           Facsimile:  +46 31 7252501
S-402 22 GOTEBORG         GOTEBORG            Email:      ryde@???
Sweden                    Sweden