Re: [EXIM] drop back to lower MX

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Roger Books, djc
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] drop back to lower MX
On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Roger Books wrote:

> I am having them remove the extra MX records as if it refuses their
> mail it is rather pointless, however, I would really like to know how
> you can force exim to drop back to the preferred mail exchanger.

(a) Wait a while till its next retry time comes. You can find this by

exinext <name of domain or name of mail exchanger>

(b) Force a delivery to that domain, because forcing doesn't respect
retry times. For example

exim -odq address@???

to put a message on the queue without delivering it, then

exim -M <id of that message>

to force a delivery. If it succeeds, the retry delay information will be
removed.

(c) Fight with the messy interface to exim_fixdb and remove the retry
information for the host in question.

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Dave C. wrote:

> Try removing all the files in the "db" subdirectory under the exim
> spool directory.

(d) Yup, that's the sledgehammer :-) A slightly smaller one is to
remove only the "retry" files.