[EXIM] masquerading/NAT problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Pelzer
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] masquerading/NAT problems
Hi,

We are using exim version 1.73.

Many of our customers have configured Network Adress Translation (NAT) for
their LANs. The Router on the customer side translates a valid (dynamic
or static) IP-Adress into the whole network adressroom (mostly
192.168.x.x).

The problem is that when a client on such a NAT-network send a mail via
smtp to our mailserver, it takes 30-60 Seconds until a connection is
established and the mail could be delivered.

Most Clients (such as Eudora, etc.) will show a timeout error-message and
will not send the mail successfully.

Could it be the problem that exim makes a ident-lookup ?
Or is exim trying to resolv the IP-Adress and fails ?

How can we resolv this problem?

many thanks,

Marc.