Re: [EXIM] mx_only

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jon Morby
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] mx_only
On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Jon Morby wrote:

> What I'm really after is an option that says, if I can't deliver by mx
> then bounce rather than freeze (which is what's happening currently).

It would be very easy to add an option to domainlist to cause the router
to fail rather than freeze. The address would then be passed on to the
next router. Actually, I suppose it could even have the option of
forcing a bounce.

Added to the Wish List. If you want to go hacking the code, look around
line 642 in routers/domainlist.c.

> I'm not sure if I'm explaining this properly however :(

Yes, I think I now understand.