Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bruce Bowler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...
On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> Turns out that if you set locally_caseless = false and have an entry in
> aliases that looks like
>
> bowler:Bowler
>
> it does what I want, which is to deliver mail to BOWLER, BoWlEr, etc to
> Bowler so there's no need for an "all the various case combination" alias
> file builder.

You are using lsearch aliases, right? Luckily lsearch does a caseless
search. If you were using DBM aliases this would work for "bowler" but
not for "BOWLER", unless you used the trick I posted for using a
smartuser to force lowercasing.

> One of our mail servers in DEC OSF/1 V3.0 (yep, it's *OLD* but that's not
> likely to change...). exim won't compile without a few changes. Notably,
> the CC compiler doesn't care for compiler directives that don't start in
> column 1. No, I don't expect you to change the source for a compiler/OS
> that is "hopelessly out of date", but I'm pointing it out more in the event
> that somebody else might have the same problem.

There's an option in the CC compiler to tell it to use ANSI C semantics.
Something like -std=a (but I can't really remember). I think that
applies even as far back as that. (I never quite understood why they
couldn't just support this particular thing anyway...)