Re: [EXIM] Batched smtp

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: Stefan.Walder
Cc: exim-user
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Batched smtp
On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

..]
> The broken lines are

>         id m0w4AOx-0010OeC
>         (Debian Smail-3.2 1996-Jul-4 #2); Mon, 10 Mar 1997 20:06:27 +0100
> (MET)

> which suggests that it was a version of Smail that generated the bad
> lines. The "Received" text generated by Smail is configurable. Could it
> be that somebody has made a mistake in the configuration of that MTA?

It would seem that something has wrapped a perectly good Mitteleuropa
timezone onto a seperate line, maybe after 72 characters. I expect this
has happened by something massaging the "batched SMTP" between production
and subsequent use, rather than being the fault of the system that
generated the Received header in the first place.

Stefan Walder writes:

> also AIX 4.2 sendmail adds the Timezone. Here is an example
>
> ---
> 8.7/8.7) id MAA11360 for sw; Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:31:38 +0100 (CET)
> ---

Provided that was all on one line, there's nothing wrong with it. But
if you split it so that the second line starts "8.7/..." then of course
you have done irreversible damage.

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.