Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] OK here goes...

woods@??? said:
} Since Exim's list handler is currently polluting the messages posted
} to it in several ways (eg. the horrid "[EXIM]" in the subject, and the
} only slightly less horrid pseudo-signature on the tail),

Glad you like it :-)

} perhaps the
} poster's subscription status could also be included in the message so
} that the person sending the reply can set the destination
} appropriately.

If they have sent a message to the list then they are subscribed - the MLM
bounces all submissions from non-subscribers. This restriction will
definitely stay in place since pretty much all the open lists I am on have
been spammed recently and I intend not to relay spam through this list.

I personally hate lists with Reply-To forced to the list - and have
managed to send a personal reply to a list a number of times due to this.

I guess that unless and until someone else takes over the list, you'll
have to live with my prejudices.... although I am open to argument in
general.

I also have a nasty habit of copying everyone on replies, which is not
such a good setup. I'll look at teaching exmh to handle replies better.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]