Re: [EXIM] Deliveryconfirmation

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Earnshaw
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Deliveryconfirmation
On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> > Exim does not support any delivery confirmation features.
>
> This point has been tentatively raised in the past, and if I'm not
> mistaken, you said you'd look at the possibility of including it in a
> future version. This feature is very definitely on my own wish list, now
> there would appear to be at least three of us that would appreciate it.
> The Mozilla (Netscape) UMA that I use at the moment supports it too ...

When this was last raised somebody said that it required a lot of code
for little effect, and was concerned about the code bloat effect on
Exim.

I haven't read the RFCs, and I have a heck of a lot of other things to
do to Exim just at the moment. I have to confess to being a skeptic on
this topic, especially on MTA (rather than MUA) involvement. There's
always the old RSVP technology if you really want a confirmation.