[EXIM] eximconfig

Author: Tim Cutts
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] eximconfig
On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Andy Mell wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Tim Cutts wrote:
>
> > Have a look at the eximconfig script which comes with the exim package in
> > Debian Linux. This can cope with a few simple setups and produces a
> > config file that is at least a good skeleton for further embellishment.
>
> Why not put eximconfig into the main exim distribution?

When I was the Debian exim package maintainer I resisted this because I
didn't think it was quite polished enough, and didn't cope with enough
situations. The package is now maintained by Mark Baker, and has gone
through several revisions, so I don't know what the script is like these
days. For information, see:

http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/mail/exim.html

Which will also give you access to the source for the package in the
[orig.tar.gz] link (essentially that's the same as what you'd get from
cus.cam.ac.uk), and diffs used in the building of the Debian package
itself in [diff.gz]

Tim.

Dr T J R Cutts                                        Tel: +44 1223 333596
Dept. of Biochemistry, 80 Tennis Court Rd.,           Fax: +44 1223 766002
Cambridge, CB2 1GA, UK