[EXIM] spool problems

Author: Patrick Schoppenhorst
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] spool problems
Ugh!
I'm trying to get exim v1.82 working on Solaris x86. I've complied it
fine but when I try to start it I get spool_directory undefined: cannot
proceed. The spool dir exsist and is set with user exim and group mail,
which is the user id and group I set in the Makefile. When I compiled the
code I set the spool dir in the Local/Makefile, and from what I understand
if exim can't find a spool directory it should create on using the default
modes. Am I missing something here? I'm using the same set up on a Sparc
Solaris machine and it works great. BTW forgot to say it's Solaris 2.5.1.
Any ideas?

TIA
Patrick Schoppenhorst
   Systems Administrator
        Aleander Group
        (317)ALEXGRP 253-9477
        (888)ALEXNDR 253-9637

Until Next time....
                                  Patrick Ryan Schoppenhorst

"There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and human
stupidity, and I'm not real sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein

Only by looking into the hearts of man can one find the true root of evil.