Re: [EXIM] exim (mini)HOWTO available ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tom
A: Michel Vanaken
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] exim (mini)HOWTO available ?

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Michel Vanaken wrote:

> Well, IMHO, the default configuration file is a good start. It's very
> well commented.
>
> It just lacks an example of a smartuser configuration (many mailers are
> used on a firewall to relay mail to an internal mail host).
>
> And, maybe, for the very beginners, a little file explaining what
> transports, directors, and routers are.

What's wrong with the manual, chapter 3? Chapter 3 is only 4 pages and
explains this. I really don't see the failure of duplicating stuff
outside the manual. If you can't spend 5 minutes get oriented with the
manual (there is a table of contents), you are going to have a lot of
problems.

> Then, as I think people come to Exim for its anti-spam capabilities, a
> file with just the options related to that topic (could be present in
> the default configuration file too).

Chapter 40 (Policy Controls).

> My two cents,
>
> Michel