Re: [EXIM] exim (mini)HOWTO available ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michel Vanaken
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] exim (mini)HOWTO available ?
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:36:59 +0000 (GMT)
> From:          Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
> To:            Ralf Schmitt-Roquette <rschmiro@???>
> Cc:            exim-users@???
> Subject:       Re: [EXIM] exim (mini)HOWTO available ?

> On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Ralf Schmitt-Roquette wrote:
>
> > i recently changed my mta from sendmail to exim. The compilation and
> > installation worked very well. But now i have a problem with configuration
> > of exim. I tried the overview- and the specification-file. But these
> > (specification!) is too complex for the start.
> > Now i am looking for a 'getting started'-info, something like a (mini)HOWTO
> > for exim opr something else.
>
> No, sorry, nobody has had time to write this yet.
>
> This is the second time today this question has come up. I really must
> try to find the time....

Well, IMHO, the default configuration file is a good start. It's very
well commented.

It just lacks an example of a smartuser configuration (many mailers are
used on a firewall to relay mail to an internal mail host).

And, maybe, for the very beginners, a little file explaining what
transports, directors, and routers are.

Then, as I think people come to Exim for its anti-spam capabilities, a
file with just the options related to that topic (could be present in
the default configuration file too).

My two cents,

Michel

---