[EXIM] eximon on an SS20

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] eximon on an SS20
We have exim (and eximon) running on 4 Sun systems - a classic, 2 Ultras, and
a SparcStation 20. However, on the SS20 we cannot get eximon to run. It dumps
core. Doing a simple backtrace of the stack shows that it is falling over in
"create_stripchart" when it calls "XtCreateManagedWidget". (It does actually
get further in this and falls over in a call (somewhere) to strlen.)

This was compiled with gcc, and no amount of changing options seemed to help.
I then tried to compile eximon on one of the Ultra's using sun's own C
compiler. I got a binary file, and copied it to the SS20 - this seems to
work fine. But I'm not sure what options I should be using with a Sun C
compiler; I included "-Xa" since this seemed to help with some if the insert
files. What should I be using? The SS20 does not have Sun's own compiler on
it, hence my using the Ultra. This is under solaris 2.5.1.

John.

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919