[EXIM] dbm versus linear search.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Ryde
A: Exim Users
Asunto: [EXIM] dbm versus linear search.
At which point is it more effective to use dbm instead of linear search?

How efficient is the handling when doing two lookups in the same "run",
like in virtual hosts (does it open the file and reread it twize?):

local_domains = dbm;/etc/mail/domains
virtual_aliases:
domains = dbm;/etc/mail/domains

I have another problem in a virtual host enviroment. Usually we setup a
A mail.domain.se that also works as MX domain.se. But if some user
mail to foo@???, it freezes becouse it points back to a local
IP address (we usually have www, ftp and hub to the same IP aswell).
Ahem... How do I prevent that using the best possible way :)
They do point to the machine, but I don't want them there.
Some kind of configurable rejector... But it should only match
domains that still "points back to me".

/Ryde