Re: [EXIM]

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David Osborne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM]
On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, David Osborne wrote:

> > driver = smartlist
>
> Did you mean "driver = smartuser" ?

Yes, sorry. Mondays...

> Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've since discovered the "fail" filtering
> command which I could add to my system filter file -- I'd missed that as I
> was looking at the filtering doc, which doesn't mention it.

The latest version that goes with exim 1.8x does mention both "fail" and
"freeze".

> Presumably your solution above is more
> efficient than one using "fail" in the system filter, as the latter would
> apply to all messages.

Since you are trying to block mail to specific addresses, you do not
want to fail an entire message just because *one* of the addresses in it
is bad. So I don't think you can do it in a system filter. It has to be
done per address, and that's exactly what the directors and routers are
for.