[EXIM] Sender verify problems

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Sender verify problems
I'm having problems overriding sender_verify with sender_verify_except_hosts.
I've got a box that needs to accept mail from users who may not
necessarily be in the password file, but legitamately can use the box
name as the return address. I put the box's name in
sender_verify_except_hosts, but exim still insists on looking for the
user locally and rejects the mail. Is sender_verify_except_hosts broken
in this regard?

If I turn off sender_verify then the box is wide open to abuse from mail
with fake return addresses.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.