[EXIM] :blackhole: (on sos4 in 1.73 so this may already have…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jon Peatfield
To: exim-users
CC: J.S.Peatfield
Betreff: [EXIM] :blackhole: (on sos4 in 1.73 so this may already have been fixed)
We have various aliases for group visitors etc which are done as :include:
lines in our alias file. Traditionally when there happen not to be any
visitors the files were kept empty.

Ok, exim objects and freezes the message. Reading the docs I see that the
suggested way to throw away messages is :blackhole: so I edited the empty file
to contain :blackhole: . When I kicked the message with sendmail -M it went
into a tight loop eating all CPU, running it again under trace showed that
something sick was happening:

read (5, "##\n# Aliases can have any mix o".., 8192) = 8192
open ("/usr/damtp/adm/gr-lists/aliases-".., 0, 0666) = 6
fstat (6, 0xf7ffebe0) = 0
ioctl (6, 0x40125401, 0xf7ffe9e4) = -1 ENOTTY (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
fstat (6, 0xf7ffea58) = 0
read (6, ":blackhole:\n", 8192) = 12
close (6) = 0
- SIGSEGV (11)
sigcleanup () = 0
gettimeofday (0xf7ffece8, 0) = 0
- SIGSEGV (11)
sigcleanup () = 0
gettimeofday (0xf7ffece8, 0) = 0

Surely sigsegv shouldn't do this? Is :blackhole: not legal in an :include:ed
file? Switching to saying /dev/null worked fine of course... As mentioned in
the subject line this is with exim 1.73 on sos4 so it may have already been
fixed (in which case I may upgrade this month rather than next...)

-- Jon