Re: [EXIM] Hrm.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: Keith McCallion
Cc: Greg A. Woods, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Hrm.
> They are pointing their MX records to the machine by IP address,
> *not* by a hostname.

As in sending to a host with exactly four components, all of which happen to
be integers in the range 0 to 255 ?

Send them some polite email (using telnet to port 25) explaining that they
should use NAMES not ADDRESSES in MX RRs ...

> This is obviously not standard

Slight understatement -- it is plain ILLEGAL !

> (I have never seen anyone do this),

I have :-(((

> and Exim does not like it,

Nor should it !!

> and thus reports the hosts are non-existant.

Quite right -- as I remember, the non-existance of any such domains has been
discussed previously on this list ...

> What I am trying to do is change this behavior in Exim in general,i

NO !!! Do not do this ...

> not just by this specific host.

Get the actual problem fixed !!

> If one person did it, I am sure others are

I do not doubt that :-(

> and we just don't know about it yet.

Oh yes we do :-((