[EXIM] Lost again...forward files and directing/routing.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Lost again...forward files and directing/routing.
At present our central mail system does not have (generally) any user
accounts on them - all mail is passed through to file servers. However,
myself and some others do have accounts on these systems and whilst I made no
special configuration arrangements for these I thought that any mail sent to
the "local" accounts could look in a forward file (if it exists) to see where
to send the mail.

As has been told a thousand times before...it used to work but now doesn't
seem to! :-) As an example, mail addressed to me as
"jhorne@???" should reach my personal account on that system
- it does. However, I have a .forward file which simply states
"jhorne@???". I expected exim to then try sending the mail to this
latter address - which it sort of does. It gets the new address okay, but
then seesm to treat "plymouth.ac.uk" as a local address and so pass this
through the directors. In fact "plymouth" is another system - not local to
argus - and so I expected it to be passed through the routers and hence
delivered correctly.

Using the "-d9 -bt jhorne@???" option shows (what seems to
be the relevant part):
  userforward director succeeded for jhorne
    transport: <none>
  search_open found (1) /usr/local/exim/tables/local-domains cached
  search_find: file="/usr/local/exim/tables/local-domains" type=1
    key="plymouth.ac.uk"
  internal_search_find: file="/usr/local/exim/tables/local-domains" type=1
    key="plymouth.ac.uk"
  file lookup required for plymouth.ac.uk in /usr/local/exim/tables/local-
  domains address jhorne@???
  local_part=jhorne domain=plymouth.ac.uk local=1

directing jhorne@???
(and so on...)

The file "local-domains" contains nothing (on this system), but the "local=1"
part mentioned above seems to imply that it thinks plymouth IS local. I don't
see how.

Help as always appreciated,

John.

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919