[EXIM] Additional string/token function for exim

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Additional string/token function for exim
ph10@??? said:
} ${extract{5}{:}{<line>}}

} extracts the fifth colon-separated field, while

} ${extract{uid}{<line>}}

} extracts the field keyed by uid= in the line. What do you think?

} I'm not sure that I like numbering the first field from zero. It is
} sure to cause confusion, because people will talk about things like
} "the 6th field in the password file". I'd rather number from 1 and
} give an error for zero (or give the whole line, like $0 after a regex
} match).

I'm happy with both of these comments, with the provisio that if we
overload extract (which makes some degree of sense) are we going to get
confusion among users??

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]