Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.81

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: Sean Witham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.81
Sean.Witham@??? (Sean Witham) writes:

> A lot of the GNU software uses -- to prefix an extended option name,
> gnutar is a good example of this, does anyone know if they too use --
> as an end of options option ?

I doubt whether there is total consistency on this point. But "--"
(just the two characters) to terminate options will work for programs
that use getopt(3c) to decode their arguments, or shell scripts that
use getopts(1). It's of quite long standing in the Unix world.

Of course, it's also a long-standing practice to have every program
decode its own options in more or less incompatible ways :-)

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.