[EXIM] Eximon suggestions

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Horne
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] Eximon suggestions
Now we're using eximon in ernest there are a couple of suggestions that may
want to be considered.

1) The main one is that the disk space stripchart, unlike all the others, has
a fixed range of values from 0-100%. However, the actual disk space used goes
through the same scaling process. This can, an initially did with us, look a
bit odd and cause a little confusion. for example, a value of 11% disk space
used is below the 20 threshold and so gets converted on the stripchart to 5
full bars and a multiplier of x2. At first glance the stripchart looks as if
it's saying the disk is half full. We have changed this so that the scaling
is always x10, thus each full bar represents 10% of the disk space used.
(The code is in em_strip.c, line 129. I inserted:
if (size_stripchart != NULL && num == 1) thresh = 100;

2) We changed the disk space stripchart to say "Space" since (a) all the
other stripcharts have configurable names; (b) showing the last part of the
disk partition name didn't really describe what the chart was showing.
Perhaps this could be configurable as well? The amount of wording used is
limited - hence just the word "Space". We also add a percent sign after the
multiplier for this stripchart - so the label now shows "Space x10%".
(Code is in em_main.c; line 638, and em_strip.c; line 142)

3) A minor point. We changed the "queue" label to be initially capatalised
(Queue) since (a) it looks better (pedantic I know, but that's just me!), (b)
it's consistent with the other button labels (Hide, Size, etc). (Code is in
em_main.c; line 626)

John.

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919