Re: [EXIM] Mail filters - various things.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alistair Young
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Mail filters - various things.
On 17 Dec 1997, Alistair Young wrote:

> The problem I had with it is that I use multiple personal mailboxes,
> using local-part suffixes, and none of those are recognised as
> personal by the 'personal' condition. Perhaps, for that, it might be
> better to define it as
>
> $header_to: contains $local_part_prefix$local_part$local_part_suffix

But it must contain the domain! (Maybe that's just a typo on your part?)

Hmm. Maybe you have a point there. What do other people think?

> This works for some of it, but a couple of messages have been getting
> through which do possess the telltale X-UIDL: header, but which have
> it blank. Is there any way to tell the difference between an empty
> header and a nonexistent one in a filter file?

>From Exim 1.80, yes. You can use the "def" condition to test for the

existence of a header.

> Lastly, and rather embarrassingly, there's one quirk which - despite
> much reading of manuals - I'm still not sure whether it is the
> intended behaviour or a bug I've accidentally intoduced into the OS/2
> port.

> (Relevant Debugging output for both cases included below, if it's needed.)

Can you please send me the complete debugging output for the case that
fails? The bit you included suggests there might be a bug, but I'd like
to see it all. (And also please give the Exim version.)