[EXIM] Exim 1.81

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [EXIM] vacation, Solaris 2.x and Exim 1.81
Subject: [EXIM] Exim 1.81
Two problems in 1.80, which are serious for those they affect, have been
fixed, and so I have released 1.81 in

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-1.81.tar.gz

There is a pretty small patch file in

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-patch-1.80-1.81.tar.gz

(1) If the RBL was used with the configuration options

no_rbl_reject_recipients
rbl_warn_header

then if a blacklisted host sent more than one message down a single SMTP
connection, the second and subsequent messages ended up with corrupted
spool files (it screwed up adding the warning header). Thanks to Stefan
Mink for reporting this and bearing with me while I sorted it out.

(2) A recent security patch to Solaris 2 supplied a new version of
/usr/bin/vacation which calls /usr/lib/sendmail with "--" as one of its
options. Needless to say, the Solaris 2 man page for sendmail makes no
mention of this option. However, it is commonly used to mean "end of
options; anything following is an argument" and it is pretty clear that
that is what is meant here, so I have added it to Exim with that
meaning.

Philip