Re: [EXIM] HELO/EHLO problems?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Skye Merlin Poier
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] HELO/EHLO problems?
On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Skye Merlin Poier wrote:

> Quoting D. Chiodo (djc@???):
> > Didn't you noteice the commonality in all of the rejected hostnames
> > below? They all contain underscore, which is NOT legal in hostnames
> > used in the Internet DNS system. (See applicable RFC's)
>
> Ack.. yes now its obvious.. and chars like ! and whatnot. Strange that it
> would crop up now though, is 1.80 somewhat stricter about things like this?

Yes. Since I was adding the helo_verify option, I decided to tighten up
the syntax checking. However, as there have been several complaints, I
now have an item on the wishlist to add an option (probably a regex) to
control what is and what is not allowed. Meanwhile, if you want to hack
the code, the line to modify is 1114 of smtp_in.c, which tests for an
invalid character:

        if (!isalnum((uschar)*s) && *s != '.' && *s != '-')

Change the condition to suit what you want, e.g.

        if (!isalnum((uschar)*s) && *s != '.' && *s != '-' && *s != '_')

if you want to accept underscores.