[EXIM] Controlling local access to SMTP

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel R. Armfield
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] Controlling local access to SMTP
Hi,

I wish to increase the level of control on our central mailhub,
in particular I would like to be able to define which hosts on
campus it will accept SMTP from.

Ideally, what I want is as follows:

Accept all inbound (ie. from off campus).

Accept connections on campus only from those who I have
specifically allowed, and reject all others.

The reason is simply to prevent people with ill configured
EMail clients from sending EMail out to outside world.

I have had a good look at the documentation (I'm afraid I'm
still on 1.73) but I can't identify exactly what I should do.

After previous experiences I would rather ask for some advice
than tinker with the running exim :-)

Best wishes & thanks in advance

Nigel

Nigel R. Armfield                N.R.Armfield@???
Campus Network Manager
Computing Services                Voice: +44 113 283 3119
Leeds Metropolitan University            Fax:   +44 113 283 5962
LEEDS LS1 3HE
UK