Re: [EXIM] Format error in spool file

Author: Stefan Mink
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Format error in spool file
On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Stefan Mink wrote:
>    As I looked at 0xgClS-0001fc-01-H I remarked, that the last
>    line was very strange and was missing a newline:

>    1801548396- sruhe.de

some news:

1801548396 = 0x6b61726c = "karl"

karl + sruhe.de = karlsruhe.de, which is part of the domain uni-karlsruhe.de

I'm no expert in c-programming but it seems that a struct header_line
has been placed somerwhere in the memory where "karlsruhe.de" was
stored during an earlier stage of the accepting-process. The
first 4 characters of "karlsruhe.de" have been interpreted as the 4 bytes
of the 'int slen' of the struct header_line and "sruhe.de" were interpreted
as the 'char text[1]' part.

So something went wrong during accept_msg of the concerned messages,
but unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out what.

If this helps, I can mail the spool-files of some of the concerned
messages.

   tschuess
         Stefan

University of Karlsruhe, Germany