Re: [EXIM] Exim Configuration query

Author: Roger Books
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim Configuration query

> I remembered later that there *is* something that might help. Exim just
> calls getpwnam() to look up a local user;

This brings up a small problem I have encountered. According to the
documentation I have on IMAP it is legal to send mail to a particular
mailbox. For instance if I wanted this list to end up in an imap
folder I could have subscribed as books.exim@???. My
delivery agent (Cyrus) will do this, but exim refuses to hand the
messages off to deliver. My assumption would be because
getpwnam(books.exim) fails. Is there any way to work around this?

This isn't a big deal, I don't have many users using IMAP yet, but I
expect with Communicator supporting IMAP that will change.

Roger