Re: [EXIM] Case issues in sender_reject_recipients? (1.73)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alan Thew
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Case issues in sender_reject_recipients? (1.73)
On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Alan Thew wrote:

> I've tried on a test exim (still 1.73) but used
>
> sender_reject = "Best-Biz@???"
>
> and this fails it straight away.

Sorry, I'm now confused as to what the problem was. Had you put
mixed-case keys into your DBM file? How did you build it? Did you use
dbmbuild? That was created for making local alias files, and is
documented as lowercasing the keys. Perhaps that was a mistake.

Oh dear. What a mess. I wonder what the best way out of all this is?

I think that if you use an @@ style of blocking file, so that your
entry would read

goplay.com: Best-Biz

then it would work, since the key is a domain and those are
case-insensitive.