Re: [EXIM] I need /bin/mail

Author: Behan Webster
To: George Bonser
CC: Vadim Vygonets, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] I need /bin/mail
George Bonser wrote:

> On 09-Dec-97 Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> >
> > Ahem. Well, I understood from your .sig that you're talking about
> > Debian Linux (BTW, it's Debian GNU/Linux, not the other way). Huh.
> > We Debian developers tend to say such things...
>
> No, Debian is affiliated with GNU. Until The Hurd becomes available, Debian
> Linux is GNU Linux ... Debian/GNU Linux.
>
> Affiation might be too strong of a word ... they are working in cooperation.

Be that as it may, the correct name is indeed "Debian GNU/Linux".
Debian is the name of the distribution, and the product is a "GNU based
Linux system". Hence: "Debian GNU/Linux".

As both Vadim and I are developpers for the Debian project, you can take
our word on that, or you can check out the Debian web site at
www.debian.org.

Later,

Behan

--