[EXIM] host-lists

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] host-lists
I'm trying to set up a file which can contain domain names and IP addresses
for use by the "sender_host_reject_recipients" option. Currently I have :
     sender_host_reject_recipients = partial-lsearch;TABLES/banned/hosts

This seems to work fine for hosts (as domain names), but not IP addresses. If
I specify the addresses directly on the option line then it works - e.g.
sender_host_reject_recipients = 141.163.38.200:141.163.2.1

Can I not use a file for a host list with IP addresses?

(I'm sure I've been here before some time ago when trying to sort out domain
names, partial lookups, etc., etc :-) I also have a question about banning
users, but I'll test that a bit more before asking).

John.

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919