Re: [EXIM] message_size ?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Pieter Immelman, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] message_size ?
ph10@??? said:
} Which compiler on 2.6? I've had reports of failure to compile on 2.6
} with trouble with a header called model.h. I'm about to try myself
} with Sun's compiler, but I also heard there was a problem with gcc.
} Maybe that is related.

In general you should always rebuild gcc for Solaris (and possibly other
O/S) when you upgrade.

The include files contain various operating system dependent stuff, but
gcc's build processes many of these into copies within the gcc lib
directory (this processing is done to make the include files work for gcc
- and may be doing things like ANSI-fying them).

This means that if you upgrade the OS but not gcc (or you install a binary
of gcc from a different OS version), you may also be using incompatible
include files.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]