Re: [EXIM] sending mail to host with no mx record

Author: Piete Brooks
To: The UNIX Mighty!
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] sending mail to host with no mx record
> Currently exim doesn't deliver mail to host with no mx record.

I suspect you are new to exim :-)

I suspect you mean "The way I have configured exim, it ..."
You need to give details of your config file.

> host mailgate.wizvax.net doesn't have a mx record BUT has a A record.

And I can deliver email to it ...

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
following address(es) failed:

  No_such_Mailbox@???:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
    <No_such_Mailbox@???>:
    host mailgate.wizvax.net [199.181.141.25]:
    550 <No_such_Mailbox@???>... User unknown