[EXIM] Shadown transport or other fudges

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Shadown transport or other fudges
Since other people are putting in odd requests, here is another....

We're looking at the idea of passing mail to a delivery notification
system following successful local delivery.

My first thought was to stack a second transport in the way that can be
done with smail's shadow transport. However this is not supported by exim.

I could do something similar by passing things through some director which
generates another address which corresponds to the notifier, but that
would be very tricky to do - especially as most of these addresses are
generated in a smartuser director which looks up, transforms and passes to
a transport in one go.

I guess I could use a transport filter, but that feels messy somehow.

Any good ideas??

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]