Re: [EXIM] Support for Realtime Blackhole List

Author: Skye Merlin Poier
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Support for Realtime Blackhole List
Quoting Jon Peatfield (J.S.Peatfield@???):
> I just took a look at the rbl stuff in the testing version 1.737. IMHO if
> rbl_reject_recipients is false (or maybe setting something else to true...) a
> header containing the rbl TXT should be added.
>
> If this were done, then individuals could choose not to receive from rbl'd
> sites using a simple filter rule on the existance of the header, or file it
> away for spam detection purposes... Much better than can be done in sendmail
> etc...

Yes, I second this motion, but maybe a separate configuration directive
altogether like rbl_warn_header = true.

We are fairly sensitive to free speech issues at my ISP, but also wish to
let individual customers block spam if they so desire (through the automatic
installation of a filter file). This would offer a very elegant solution.

I haven't checked out the RBL 1.73 beta code, but I hope in the SMTP
transaction, if the site is being blackholed it returns the TXT in the error
message so the sender site knows whats going on.

Skye

--
Skye Poier: Network Operations, Canada Internet Direct   -   spoier@???
1050 - 555 W Hastings St, Vancouver, B.C., V6B 4N6       -     (604) 602-1800