[EXIM] EXIM, HP-Openwin and SNMP

Author: Bruno.Vuillemin
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] EXIM, HP-Openwin and SNMP
Hello

We would like to know if there,
is a possiblity to integrate Exim and HP-Openview (popular network and
system monitoring system).

The idea is for HP-Openview to get alerts when exim encounters some kind
of problem, for example : a local host that doesn't accept any new mail
and the queue become bigger and bigger on exim.

(proposition 1): The principle is that exim (internally) should trigger
snmp traps and send them to HP-Openview, which in turn would process them
and eventually send an alarm to our pagers.

(proposition 2): An other possibility is that exim, under certain
circumstances, runs a script that raises the snmp trap.

I have read nothing about that in the documentation so I think
that (proposition 1) is not possible yet, but maybe (proposition 2)
has been set up by some of you.

Thanks for your comments.

Bruno Vuillemin

Bruno.Vuillemin@???          {post/ftp/cache/news/unix}master@???
Service Informatique              tel (0(041)26)300.7206
Universite de Fribourg            fax (0(041)26)300.9704
{Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra/  Switzerland}